Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hitchhiking

I don't know much about hitchhiking but I do know that as of now, it's illegal. And also from the movies I've seen I know that in a hitchhiking relationship, that is the relationship between the driver and the hitchhiker, there is a 75% chance that one of the involved parties is a serial killer, and a 25% chance that both are axe murderers. But in all honesty, I could never see myself picking up a hitchhiker, it's illegal, potentially dangerous and I would imagine, very awkward. I don't know if maybe back in the day it wasn't illegal or maybe it was just before Hollywood put a negative spin on it, but I think it was more common. Now it has sort of become a lost art like train hopping and skitching.

4 comments:

  1. Way to creep me out! I wont be picking up any hitchhikers on second-thought. Also, what is skitching? I have never heard of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya there is a reason why the hitchhiking is illegal and I don't think that it is because of Hollywood. Hollywood does make hitchhiking seem like a bad thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha skitching is when you are on like a skateboard or bike or something and grab onto a moving car. And I didn't mean that Hollywood was the reason hitchhiking is illegal. I meant the negative spin Hollywood puts on hitchhiking may be a reason why it is less common these days along with the fact that it's illegal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on the hollywood spin, it probably has more to do with perceptions than anything. I would feel more comfortable offering someone a ride than I would accepting a ride from someone else though. By the way, what happens when when both people in the car are ax murders? Do they nessisarily have to be carrying axes?

    ReplyDelete