Thursday, April 22, 2010

Portfolio

Out of the papers you are putting into your English portfolio, which one do you think shows your best work and which one do you think needs to be edited the most? Explain why. Be specific. Provide examples of your best and weakest areas.

Then, when you comment on another person's blog post - address how they might fix their weakest areas.


It is hard for me to say which of my papers is strongest or which one shows my best work. Personally, I don't think any of my papers are that strong or close to being satisfactory as a finished product. I still have A LOT of work to do until I will be satisfied with any of them. Having said that I would venture to say that my research paper is my strongest paper thus far. It is the one that I felt most prepared to write and because of that preparation I was able to write with a purpose and goal. My other papers were more last minute and unfocused. My research paper is not at all near completion though and I have not even revised it yet. So although it is my best paper so far it still needs just as much work as every other paper since its not even complete yet.

My weakest paper right now is my paper regarding literature on a global scale. It was first written without any motivation or purpose and I failed to write any compelling argument that I actually believed in. This paper will need to be completely revamped and revised to argue something important. I may use a different source to examine besides Huckleberry Finn and it is major changes such as this that provide me with a ton of work to do.

1 comment:

  1. So did you decide to not use your McCandless essay? Because so far I have read your Personal Analysis and McCandless essays. I thought both pieces that I read had really good potential! Your Bob Marley Personal Analysis paper has so much potential in it, because I am in love with him I really enjoyed reading it and I can tell you are passionate about it but I think once you really connect with Bob then your paper will write itself and really enhance the quality and interests of others. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete